Valentine’s Simple goodies
2 egg whites
225 gms caster sugar
175 gms ground almonds
2-3 drops almond essence
1. Cover two baking trays with baking paper. Use a good one as these macaroons may stick after being baked. Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celcius.
2. Whisk the egg whites in a large mixing bowl and gently fold in the sugar and ground almonds.Add 2-3 drops of almond essence and mix the batter.
3. Place batter in a large piping bag and pipe the biscuits in the desired shape.
4. Bake in a preheated oven, for 20-25 mins or till golden brown.
5. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.